How can we help?
What can I expect during my volunteer shift?
We have a lot to accomplish in just a few days! You can expect to be busy during your entire shift. Please wear comfortable clothing, show up 5 minutes before your shift begins and be ready to work. Once you arrive, you will need to sign in and get a name tag. We have several different volunteer positions and they vary depending on the day you are volunteering. When you arrive, a list of positions will be posted. Be sure to find a sale organizer to determine where you can get started once you’re signed in. A couple things to remember about your volunteer shift:
- Signing in and signing out is the only way we can give you credit for volunteering for your shift. Please be sure you complete this important step!
- We have a couple very small locker spaces for personal belongings. They are not locked. To ensure security of your personal belongings, it’s best to leave them at home or in your car.
- If you are volunteering during a meal time (lunch – 12PM or dinner – 6PM) a meal will be provided for you. Every volunteer shift will get one break. Snacks and drinks will be provided in the break area. Water bottles will be permitted on the floor during your shift.
What should I wear for my shift?
Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers. While we do have some “light-duty” shifts, most will require a lot of walking, standing and moving of merchandise. If you are volunteering during public sale hours, please refrain from wearing sweatpants/shirts, including yoga pants. Jeans or khakis and a t-shirt free of rips, tears or holes are just fine.
Can I bring my child/ren with me while I volunteer? They’re great helpers!
While we understand your good intentions, you will be very busy during your volunteer shift and it is not safe for your child to be with you during this time. All children 18 years old or younger should be left at home or with a babysitter.
Something came up and I’m unable to volunteer for the shift I signed up for. What are my options?
Since each Next Size Up Kids Sale is solely run by volunteers, it is imperative to select a shift/s you are positive you can fulfill. Any no call/no show volunteers will not be allowed to volunteer at future NSU Kids Sales.
If you are unable to fulfill the shift you registered for, you may:
- Send a replacement to volunteer in your place. Replacements must be 18 years of age or older. Your replacement must fulfill your entire shift in order to receive credit for your shift.
- Call the sale organizer at 970-397-3990 (if during sale hours) or 970-590-4433 (if during non-sale hours) to reschedule or cancel your shift. Volunteer shifts are limited, so rescheduled shifts are not guaranteed. Additionally, if you cancel your shift, you will not receive credit and your commission/split will be reduced to 65%.
If you haven’t found the answer you were looking for, please feel free to contact us!